How to Setup Nokia 6With the Nokia 6 setup application, you can do the following, for example:
- Define the regional settings, such as the language of the Nokia6.
- Transfer data from your old device to new Nokia Android.
- Personalise your device.
- Set up your mail accounts.
- Activate Ovi services.
To open the application read the Nokia 6 Manual instruction:
- Select Menu > Applications > Phone setup.
- Turn on our Bluetooth on previous device and Nokia 6 Bluetooth.
- Select Menu > Applications > Phone setup and Data transfer.
- Select the device you want to connect to, and pair the devices. Bluetooth needs to be activated.
- If the other device requires a passcode, enter the passcode.
- The passcode, which you can define yourself, must be entered in both devices. The passcode in some devices is fixed. For details, see the user guide of the device. The passcode is valid only for the current connection.
- Select the content and OK.
Some settings may be preset for the device by your service provider, and you may not be able to change them. Nokia 6 settings guide
- Date and time settings
- Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Date and time.
- Select from the following:
- Time - Enter the current time.
- Time zone - Select your location.
You can change the device language and the language in which you write your messages and mails. You can also activate predictive text input.
- Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Language.
- Select Phone language.
- Select Writing language.
- Select Predictive text.
- Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Display.
- Light sensor - Adjust the light sensor sensitivity of your device. The light sensor turns the lights on when the lighting of your location is dim and off when it is bright.
- Font size - Select the size of text and icons on the display.
- Welcome note / logo - Select whether you want to display a note or image when you switch on the device.
- Light time-out - Set how long the light stays on when you stop using the device.
Activate Nokia 6 voice commands
- Press and hold the call key in the home screen, and say a command.
To view the list of voice commands, select
- Menu > Settings and Phone > Voice commands.
- Change command - Edit the voice commands.
- Playback - Listen to the synthesised voice tag.
- Remove voice command - Remove a voice command that you added manually.
- Settings - Adjust Nokia 6 All settings.
- Voice command tutorial - Open the tutorial for voice commands.
Add the new Nokia 6 accessories and connect to Nokia 6 by read this manual:
- Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Accessories.
Select an accessory and from the following:
- Nokia 6 Default profile - Set the profile you want activated each time you connect a certain compatible accessory to your device.
- Automatic answer - Set the device to answer an incoming call automatically after 5 seconds. If the ringing type is set to Beep once or Silent, automatic answer is disabled.
- Lights -Set the lights to remain on after the time-out.
- The available settings depend on the type of accessory.
To change the Nokia 6 settings for a TV-out connection, select TV-Out and from the following:
- Default profile - Set the profile you want activated each time you connect a Nokia Video Connectivity Cable to your device.
- TV screen size - Select the aspect ratio of the TV.
- TV system - Select the analogue video signal system compatible with your TV.
- Flicker filter - To improve image quality on the screen of your TV, select On. The flicker filter may not diminish image flicker on all TV screens.
Nokia 6 Application settings
Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Application sett..
In application settings, you can edit the settings of some of the applications in your device.
Nokia 6 tutorial to edit the settings, you can also select
Options > Settings in each application.
Nokia 6 Update
With Device updates, you can connect to a server and receive update configuration Nokia 6 settings, create new server profiles, view existing software version and device information, or view and manage existing server profiles. Nokia 6 Tutorial
- Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Phone mgmt. > Device updates.